Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mysterious, Very Mysterious

Mysterious things are happening around here. 

Mystery # 1:  One of my favorite things is the bath mat I got for Christmas.  It is just like a rectangular cloud.  I'd curl up and sleep on it if I fit.  On Saturday I put it in the laundry with the towels.  I distinctly remember checking the washing instructions to be sure it could go in the dryer before I put it in.  I remember folding the towels and putting them away.  I don't remember putting my bath mat away but I didn't notice it was missing until I was ready to take a shower.  The thing has completely disappeared.  It's not a small item.  I know I haven't overlooked it in the dryer and I've searched everywhere I can think of.  This is just ridiculous.  How could I lose the most perfect bath mat in the world!

Mystery # 2 :  Last Friday I went to have the utility bill for this house changed from Mom's name to my name.  When they ran my credit report, it showed that I am deceased.  I came home and printed a copy of the credit report myself and sure enough, it says I'm deceased.  Since the mystery of the missing bath mat overshadows this, I haven't put as much energy into becoming undeceased as I probably should have.  I'll take care of this after I find my bath mat.

Mystery # 3 : Technically this one isn't a mystery anymore.  I dropped Hannah off at a babysitting job yesterday and when I came home, there was a box of old bottles on the porch.  Each bottle was carefully wrapped in newspaper.  They had obviously been found recently.  Since Hannah collects old bottles, I knew they were for her but I didn't know who had left them.  My first thought was that my brother had left them for her, but he didn't know anything about them.  It wasn't Rachel or Laura.  The mystery was solved when Jason called to see how Hannah liked the bottles he'd found.  She likes them a lot. 

One mystery solved.  Two to go.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Is it the bath mat we bought you? Did you ever find it? Perhaps the cats stole it using their evil magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it actually worked this time!

    ReplyDelete