Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mom Is at Home

Mom came home yesterday, a day ahead of schedule.  She got so agitated on Sunday that we asked if she could come home on Monday instead of waiting until today.  She's much happier here but still very confused.  Today started out better than yesterday but I think I've just had my first experience with sundowning.  Home Health care came this afternoon and she didn't like that at all.  Since it was the first visit there was a lot of paperwork to do.  She got very upset and kept telling them to stop yakking and leave.  She slept most of the rest of the afternoon and enjoyed supper, but after supper she was very irritable and more confused than usual.  A little after 8:00 she got upset at being up so late and wanted to go to bed.  I tried to help her to bed but she said that I wasn't going to tell her what to do.  Then she really got upset and tried to make me leave. I just kept talking to her in a calm voice and agreeing with everything she said.  Eventually I got her to bed.  She felt like she couldn't breathe but I think it was more of a panic attack than anything else.  She wanted me to sit with her, so I did.  Then she wanted everything cleaned off her nightstand so I did that.  At this point she seems to have settled down.  I hope she can rest well. 


2 comments:

  1. I was talking to Rachel last night while she was at Grandma's and Grandma kept complaining about "that idiot that wouldn't shut up" so I shut up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know if there is anything at all I can do to let me know.

    ReplyDelete